- 1 Bioblast alert 2020(10) - MitoEAGLE & BEC news: 2020-05-20
- 2 Bioblast alert 2020(09) - MitoEAGLE News: 2020-04-09
- 3 Bioblast alert 2020(08) - MitoFit Preprint Archives News: 2020-03-25
- 4 Bioblast alert 2020(07): 2020-03-20
- 5 Bioblast alert 2020(06): 2020-02-26
- 6 Bioblast alert 2020(05): 2020-02-20
- 7 Bioblast alert 2020(04): 2020-02-07
- 8 Bioblast alert 2020(03): 2020-01-31
- 9 Bioblast alert 2020(02): 2020-01-24
- 10 Bioblast alert 2020(01): 2020-01-17
Bioblast alert 2020(10) - MitoEAGLE & BEC news: 2020-05-20
MitoEAGLE Consortium Communication: Mitochondrial physiology ― Published online: 2020-05-20.
Gnaiger E et al ― MitoEAGLE Task Group (2020) Mitochondrial physiology. Bioenerg Commun 2020.1
One year ago, on World Metrology Day (2019-May-20) the redefinition of the SI units came into force. Science faced one of the largest overhauls in history of scientific units. How to commemorate this event of groundbreaking innovation better than with the online publication of Mitochondrial physiology and with the launch of an innovative journal — Bioenergetics Communications.
Bioblast alert 2020(09) - MitoEAGLE News: 2020-04-09
|The MitoEAGLE whitepaper on ‘Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates’ is now ready for re-submission to Nature Metabolism. The full-length preprint with a total word count of 17,000 has been reduced to 3,000 words text plus figures and references, including all original sections.
Version 6 of the paper with all 620 coauthors is available here:
Please contact us, if you are interested to see the shortened version of the manuscript.
|The July MitoEAGLE Summit and Training School (including the TRANSMIT workshop) have been postponed by the management committee. More information to follow.
Bioblast alert 2020(08) - MitoFit Preprint Archives News: 2020-03-25
|Vitamin D deficiency: a factor in COVID-19 progression severity and mortality? An urgent call for research
Brown RA, Sarkar A (2020) Vitamin D deficiency: a factor in COVID-19, progression, severity and mortality? – An urgent call for research. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:200001.
Bioblast alert 2020(07): 2020-03-20
From MitoFit Preprint Archives to Nature Communications
|High-resolution respirometry in human prostate cancer biopsies and mtDNA analyzed in samples recovered from the O2k-chamber
- from the O2k-Network »AT Innsbruck Oroboros« Schöpf Bernd, Weissensteiner Hansi, Schäfer Georg, Fazzini Federica, Charoentong Pornpimol, Naschberger Andreas, Rupp Bernhard, Fendt Liane, Bukur Valesca, Giese Irina, Sorn Patrick, Sant’Anna-Silva Ana Carolina, Iglesias-Gonzalez Javier, Sahin Ugur, Kronenberg Florian, Gnaiger Erich, Klocker Helmut (2020) OXPHOS remodeling in high-grade prostate cancer involves mtDNA mutations and increased succinate oxidation. Nat Commun 2020-03-20 [Epub ahead of print]. - »Bioblast link«
|OXPHOS remodeling in high-grade prostate cancer involves mtDNA mutations and a prognostic gene expression signature
Schöpf et al (2019) OXPHOS remodeling in high-grade prostate cancer involves mtDNA mutations and a prognostic gene expression signature. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190003. - »Bioblast link«
|Do you know what a preprint is? With a preprint you can communicate recent findings to the scientific community, receiving input from other scientists before submitting to a peer-reviewed journal. - »Preprint«|
Bioblast alert 2020(06): 2020-02-26
|Research is needed on the impact of viral infection on mitochondrial function.|
|High quality mitochondrial research is increasing rapidly in South Korea.|
|An active lifestyle protects cardiac mitochondria
|It is essential to titrate uncouplers in multiple steps for respirometric measurement of electron transfer capacity.|
Bioblast alert 2020(05): 2020-02-20
|Registration now open! 21st European Bioenergetics Conference. Marseille, France. 2020 Aug 22-27.
|Aging and hyperlipidemia impair aortic mitochondrial function and increase the risk of atherosclerosis
- from the O2k-Network US MI Ann Arbor Beard DA Tyrrell DJ, Blin M, Song J, Wood S, Zhang M, Beard DA, Goldstein D (2019) Age-associated mitochondrial dysfunction accelerates atherogenesis. Circ Res 126:298–314. »Bioblast link«
|Spermidine and other calorie restriction mimetics control autophagy and mitochondrial function.
|MitoFit Preprint Arch was initiated one year ago on February 19, 2020.
- We invite submissions of mitochondrial preprints.
Bioblast alert 2020(04): 2020-02-07
|Save the date! April 24-25, 2020 - The first meeting of the Bioenergetics DE-CH-AT Group aims at exchange and collaboration in bioenergetics between Germany, Switzerland and Austria.|
|Blood cell mitochondrial function does not provide a general substitute for muscle biopsies
- from the O2k-Network: US AR Little Rock Boersheim E Rose S, Carvalho E, Diaz EC, Cotter M, Bennuri SC, Azhar G, Frye RE, Adams SH, Boersheim E (2019) A comparative study of mitochondrial respiration in circulating blood cells and skeletal muscle fibers in women. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 317:E503-E512. - »Bioblast link«
|Cronin (2018) The metabolite BH4 controls T cell proliferation in autoimmunity and cancer.- »Spermidine«
Nature - Lymphocytes, Cancer - O2k-brief repository
|Aerobic and resistance training address central defects and peripheral comorbidities in Alzheimer’s disease
- from the O2k-Network: US FL Boca Raton Khamoui AV
Pena GS, Paez HG, Johnson TK, Halle JL, Carzoli JP, Visavadiya NP, Zourdos MC, Whitehurst MA, Khamoui AV (2020) Hippocampal growth factor and myokine cathepsin B expression following aerobic and resistance training in 3xTg-AD mice. Int J Chronic Diseases 2020:Article ID 5919501. - »Bioblast link«
Bioblast alert 2020(03): 2020-01-31
|The European Society for Surgical Research Congress early bird registration deadline is Monday February 10, 2020.|
|Mitochondrial respiration is oxygen-dependent in human cardiac homogenate preparations
- from the O2k-Network: CZ Prague Krajcova A
Krajčová A, Urban T, Megvinet D, Waldauf P, Balík M, Hlavička J, Budera P, Janoušek L, Pokorná E, Duška F (2020) High resolution respirometry to assess function of mitochondria in native homogenates of human heart muscle. PLOS ONE 15:e0226142. - »Bioblast link«
|Mitochondrial respiration of blood cells and cardiovascular disease
- from the O2k-Network: FR Strasbourg Zoll J Alfatni A, Riou M, Charles AL, Meyer A, Barnig C, Andres E, Lejay A, Talha S, Geny B (2020) Peripheral blood mononuclear cells and platelets mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and circulating mtDNA in cardiovascular diseases. J Clin Med 9 pii:E311. - »Bioblast link«
|Reproducibility committment in high-resolution respirometry: quality control in oxygen calibration
In the DatLab 7.4 software, new instrumental DL-Protocols guide the user automatically step-by-step, to calibrate the instrument accurately. Reproducibility is monitored and documented when following user-friendly standard operating procedures (SOP). - »Oxygen calibration - DatLab«
Bioblast alert 2020(02): 2020-01-24
|The Association for Psychological Science 2020 conference abstract submission deadline for poster presentations is Friday January 31, 2020.
- » Bioblast link«
|Dias et al (2018) Analysis of respiratory capacity in brain tissue preparations: high-resolution respirometry for intact hippocampal slices. Anal Biochem
- Nervous system »Bioblast link«
|HRR - high-resolution respirometry and oxygen kinetics 10 years ago: Cell respiration under hypoxia: facts and artefacts in mitochondrial oxygen kinetics. Adv Exp Med Biol 2010.|
Bioblast alert 2020(01): 2020-01-17
|The Oroboros Ecosystem Agenda 2020 is launched as a signature of the Oroboros Ecosystem.|
|2020: a critical year for women, gender equity, and health - a Lancet Editorial|
|Statistical evaluation on replica in HRR with permeabilized skeletal muscle fibers
- from the O2k-Network: AU Melbourne Stepto NK Jacques M, Kuang J, Bishop DJ, Yan X, Alvarez-Romero J, Munson F, Garnham A, Papadimitriou I, Voisin S, Eynon N (2019) Mitochondrial respiration variability and simulations in human skeletal muscle: The Gene SMART study. FASEB J [Epub ahead of print]. - »Bioblast link«
|Planning the MitoEAGLE Summit Obergurgl 2020
Members of the Management Committee MitoEAGLE and Working Group Leaders: please submit your suggestions for MitoEAGLE Summit Obergurgl 2020: - Suggested type and title of your personal presentation, according to the MoU and final MitoEAGLE output - Suggested type and title of your personal presentation, according to the MoU and final MitoEAGLE output