|News and Events||BEC 2020.1 Mitochondrial physiology||About COST Action MitoEAGLE||Working Groups||MitoEAGLE Summit||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Inclusiveness Target Countries||Management Committee||Members|
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
MitoPedia topics: EAGLE
|Name||Molina Anthony JA, PhD, Associate Professor, Vice Chief of Research|
Department of Medicine,
University of San Diego, US
|Address||Stein Clinical Research Building #127
9500 Gilman Drive, CA 92093-0665
|City||San Diego; La Jolla|
|O2k-Network Lab||US CA San Diego Molina AJA, US NC Winston-Salem Molina AJA|
- Anthony Molina is Associate Editor of the journal Bioenergetics Communications
- Prof. Anthony Molina is Key Opinion Leader (KOL) in the NextGen-O2k project.
- The following webpage summarizes our current Aging Center projects: Aging Center projects
- UPBEAT- Understanding the Physiology and BioEnergetics of Aging
- Age-related bioenergetic decline underlies numerous features of aging, including the development of age-related diseases and disorders. To date, there is a limited understanding of how mitochondrial bioenergetics changes in the context of normal human aging. The goal of UPBEAT is to address this gap in knowledge and to generate a database of bioenergetic profiles from healthy individuals across a spectrum of ages. A key feature of UPBEAT is its design to serve as a healthy control group for ongoing and future research projects. For example, the role of mitochondrial bioenergetics in in several age-related diseases is currently being investigated by comparing data from patients and age-matched UPBEAT participants.
- Highly comprehensive bioenergetic profiling is being achieved by respirometry of circulating cells and biopsied skeletal muscle tissue using complementary approaches and protocols. In addition to standard clinical measures, analyses of physical ability and exercise capacity are being conducted. Current recruitment is focused on healthy older adults; younger age groups will follow.
- Principal Investigator:
- Anthony J.A. Molina. PhD
- Wake Forest School of Medicine
- -This study is supported by the American Heart Association and the National Institute on Aging.
- -Additional support and technical expertise provided by Oroboros Instruments (Innsbruck, Austria).
- To download the UPBEAT project summary press here.
Visiting scientist in the Oroboros O2k-Laboratory
- October 04 to 06 2015
Labels: Field of research: Basic, Clinical
|BEC 2020.1 doi10.26124bec2020-0001.v1||2020||Gnaiger Erich et al ― MitoEAGLE Task Group (2020) Mitochondrial physiology. Bioenerg Commun 2020.1:44 pp. doi:10.26124/bec:2020-0001.v1|
|MitoEAGLE blood cells 1||2020||Åsander Frostner Eleonor*, Aburel Oana M*, Avram Vlad F*, Calabria Elisa, Castelo Rueda Maria Paulina*, Chamkha Imen*, Čižmárová Beata, Danila Maria-Daniela*, Doerrier Carolina*, Eckert Gunter P*, Ehinger Johannes K, Elmer Eskil*, Garcia-Souza Luiz F*, Gnaiger Erich*, Hoppel Florian*, Karabatsiakis Alexander*, Keppner Gloria, Kidere Dita*, Krako Jakovljević Nina, Labieniec-Watala Magdalena*, Lelcu Theia*, Micankova Petra, Michalak Slawomir*, Molina Anthony JA*, Pavlovic Kasja, Pichler Irene*, Piel Sarah, Rousar Tomas, Rybacka-Mossakowska Joanna, Schartner Melanie, Siewiera Karolina*, Silaidos Carmina*, Sjövall Fredrik*, Sobotka Ondrej*, Sumbalova Zuzana*, Swiniuch Daria, Vernerova Andrea*, Volani Chiara*, Vujacic-Mirski Ksenija*, Watala Cezary* (2020) Interlaboratory guide to mitochondrial respiratory studies with peripheral blood mononuclear cells and platelets. - Updated: 2020-03-06 - *Confirmed|
|Gnaiger 2019 MitoFit Preprints||2019-08-30||Gnaiger E, Aasander Frostner E, Abdul Karim N, Abdel-Rahman EA, Abumrad NA, Acuna-Castroviejo D, Adiele RC, et al (2019) Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v6. — Published in BEC: 2020-05-20 Mitochondrial physiology. Bioenerg Commun 2020.1. doi:10.26124/bec:2020-0001.v1|
|Douros 2019 JCI Insight||2019||Douros JD, Niu J, Sdao SM, Gregg T, Fisher-Wellman KH, Bharadwaj MS, Molina A, Arumugam R, Martin MD, Petretto E, Merrins MJ, Herman MA, Tong J, Campbell JE, D'Alessio D (2019) Sleeve gastrectomy rapidly enhances islet function independently of body weight. JCI Insight 4:126688.|
|Gonzalez-Armenta 2019 J Nutr||2019||Gonzalez-Armenta JL, Gao Z, Appt SE, Vitolins MZ, Michalson KT, Register TC, Shively CA, Molina AJA (2019) Skeletal muscle mitochondrial respiration is elevated in female cynomolgus macaques fed a western compared with a mediterranean diet. J Nutr 149:1493-502.|
|Tyrrell 2016 Redox Biol||2016||Tyrrell DJ, Bharadwaj MS, Jorgensen MJ, Register TC, Molina AJ (2016) Blood cell respirometry is associated with skeletal and cardiac muscle bioenergetics: Implications for a minimally invasive biomarker of mitochondrial health. Redox Biol 10:65-77.|
|Tyrrell 2015 Exp Gerontol||2015||Tyrrell DJ, Bharadwaj MS, Van Horn CG, Marsh AP, Nicklas BJ, Molina AJ (2015) Blood-cell bioenergetics are associated with physical function and inflammation in overweight/obese older adults. Exp Gerontol 70:84-91.|
|Kramer 2019 Abstract IOC141||2019||Kramer P, Distefano G, Monte J, Mills A, Edmunds L, Jurczak M, Cummings SR, Kritchevsky S, Newman AB, Hepple RT, Goodpaster B, Coen PM, Molina A (2019) The Study of Muscle, Mobility, and Aging (SOMMA): A multi-institutional respirometry study. Mitochondr Physiol Network 24.02.|
|Scandalis 2019 Abstract IOC141||2019||Scandalis LM, Kramer P, Nelson B, Dozier S, Stone J, Kitzman D, Molina AJA (2019) Oxygen consumption of skeletal muscle in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Mitochondr Physiol Network 24.02.|
|Molina 2017 MiPschool Obergurgl||2017|
|Amick 2017 MiPschool Obergurgl||2017|
|Collins 2017 MiPschool Obergurgl||2017|
|Tyrrell 2015 Abstract MiPschool Greenville 2015||2015||Blood-cell bioenergetics are associated with physical function and inflammation in overweight/obese older adults.|